Seed Stitch

Monday, June 13, 2005

Lace Leaf Pullover

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Click for bigger images


Pattern: Lace Leaf Pullover, Interweave Knits, Summer 2005 and Loop-D-Loop, by Teva Durham

Yarn: Reynolds Lopi Bulky, I used seven skeins, size 11 needles, and made the smallest size.

Notes: This sweater has an interesting construction. The bottom half of the torso is knit in the round from the bottom up. The top is knit in the round from the neck down and then bound off. You then graft the live stitches from the bottom to the bound off stitches from the top. I did this and found that I wasn't happy with the result. The bound off ridge made a little hard lump on the inside of the sweater and left it somewhat inflexible. I wasn't happy with the drape.

Essentially, what I did was take out the original grafting (in which the live stitches from the bottom half were grafted to the bound off stitches from the top half) and then I knit a couple more inches onto the bottom. I have a long torso and I needed a little more length. Then I took out the bind off in the top half and left those stitches live. I grafted the live stitches from the bottom to the live stitches from the top and seamed on the sleeves. That simple! I'm so much happier with it now.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Venus said...

I've been eyeing this patteren and was curious of the grafting bit. looks great.

 
At 6:37 PM, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks lovely. The more I look at the pattern, the more I think this one is soon to be knit. Good for you!

 
At 5:52 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Hwo do you find the Lopi? Is it scratchy? I'm trying to find a more reasonably priced yarn for this pattern (Van Dyck is waaaay out of my budget), but I fear the scritch of Lopi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home