Seed Stitch

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Here and There Cables Scarf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pattern Detail

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pre-Blocking

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Blurry picture of post-blocking

Pattern: Here and There Cables Scarf from Scarf Style.

Yarn: 100% cashmere recycled from this sweater:


Details in this post

Pattern Notes: The pattern is a lot simpler than it looks, and easy to memorize. Makes for good TV knitting once you have the rhythm of it down. The only change I made was in needle size, I went up to a size nine needle because my yarn was a little thicker than the one in the pattern. This makes a great man's scarf, especially in a neutral color like this. The blocking made such a difference! I wish I had a better picture of the post-blocking scarf so you cold see how well it opened up but if you look at the picture above, tilt your head, and squint slightly you get the general idea.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

ooh, it's beautiful. You don't happen to have a photo of the back side of the scarf, do you? I keep trying to find the right pattern for my dad, who's uber-conservative yet not the type to check and be sure only the right side of his scarf is showing....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home